I Give a Crap
In order to stop kiwis literally dying of embarrassment Bowel Cancer New Zealand in partnership with Cottonsoft, ran a very successful social media campaign in 2013. The “I Give A Crap” campaign featured well known New Zealanders Nigel Latta, Jason Gunn, Sir Douglas Myers, Valerie Adams, Sam Neill, Owen and Ben Franks, Gareth Morgan, Alison Mau and Wendyl Nissen among others, and was launched on Facebook, Twitter and You Tube in December of last year.
The purpose of this campaign was to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of bowel cancer and encourage New Zealanders to have that “awkward conversation” with their loved ones to promote life saving early detection and treatment.
As a result of the campaign Bowel Cancer New Zealand achieved the following metrics:
- 58% increase in Facebook followers/likes
- 4,000% increase in Twitter followers including but not limited to retweets from Sonny Bill Williams
- 10,000 visits/month our website
- 23 new celebrity ambassadors engaged with BBCA
- 1.5 million New Zealanders reached with Bowel Cancer New Zealand key messaging via media (TV, radio, print, social media)
- 11,566 You Tube Views